Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Mighty Boosh

Although this may seem late on the draw- I'm still going to write about it. The Mighty Boosh has to be one of my all time favorite shows. The Mighty Boosh's fan base is worldwide and on the verge of abnormally obsessive. I committed to my love of the show by actually purchasing the first three seasons on DVD region-2 (yes I need an all-region DVD player now.)and have resorted to watching the show on my computer. For months a dedicated fan on YouTube had uploaded every episode, only to share with the world The Boosh's brilliance; soon later was taken down by the BBC. In my search for more information, comedy and such I ran across Cheekbone Magazine which is a magazine "for the fans by the fans" in which fan art is published inside this online mag.

In thee olde spirit of BBC shows like The Young Ones and yes, I will say it, Monty Python's Flying Circus. The more refined budget of the show is pronounced with flash animations, indoor sound stages, impressive make-up and genius acting. Many of the main characters on the show often will play several parts in the same show.
Writers: Julian Barratt & Noel Fielding
Director: Paul King
Cast: Julian Barratt as Howard Moon, Noel Fielding as Vince Noir+The Moon+Howlin' Jimmy Jefferson+The Brain Cell, Michael Fielding as Naboo, Dave Brown as Bollo & Rich Fulcher as Lester Corncrake+ Bob Fossil.
If you have a chance, check it out.
Here's a clip that makes me laugh so hard, i nearly cry.

1 comment: